Description Watercolor 15x11;The church, located at Armenian Quarter of Jerusalems Old City, is dedicated to two martyred saints of that name-St James the Great, one of the first apostles to follow Jesus, and St James the Less, believed to be a close relative of Jesus, who became the first bishop of Jerusalem.Armenians have the long presence in Jerusalem in the first century before Christ. After Armenia became Christian in 301, pilgrims began coming in large numbers.By the 7th century, there were 70 Armenian monasteries in Palestine. For several hundred years the Armenian patriarch was considered to be the most senior Christian dignitary in the Holy Land.The Armenian Quarter began taking shape in the south-west of Jerusalem before 1100. After expansion of the Jewish Quarter in 1968, it now occupies about one-sixth of the Old City.
Lisa Lu, State of Washington Member Since March 2009 Artist Statement Lisa first started painting with color pencils at the age of 10, and she has always loved to paint ever since; it allows her to express feelings with a peaceful mind. Self-taught and self-developed in watercolor and ink painting, each of Lisa's painting is a journey to adventure. Lisa presently resides with her husband and their son in the State of Washington. She is a licensed architect, and currently works in an architecture firm, while continuing self study and painting on architecture and landscape subjects in watercolors.